The new baseband ZVJ has been released and is a fixed (supposedly) version of the failed ZVH update released last September. It is 2.3.3 Gingerbread for LG Optimus S, and there is no direct root method. Today, We have successfully found a backdoor root that was previously used to root ZVH before a direct root method was found.
Caution: To root the ZVJ Baseband, you MUST start from a rooted version of ZVD or ZVH. Nothing else will work as of now.
How to root LG Optimus S ZVJ Gingerbread Steps:
1. Download the LG Optimus S ZVJ update.zip (http://www.lg-phones.org/lg-optimus-s-zvj-update-zip-download.html), and place it to the root of your SD card.
2. Rename the file to â€œupdate.zipâ€
3. Make sure you have enabled USB debugging on the phone, go to Menu->Settings->Applications->Development->USB debugging
4. Make sure you have disabled the USB Storage Mode
5. Download the ZVH recovery package [zvhrec.zip], Unzip to top-level of your C: drive
6. From PC command prompt, run "install" to install files to sdcard, inspect for errors, start adb shell session
- cd zvhrec
- adb shell
Install the VH recovery (do not type the $ and # symbols)
- $ su
- # cd /sdcard/000root
- # /system/bin/sh install-vh.sh
- # reboot recovery
7. Apply the ZVJ update.zip
- The previous step should have booted you into the VH recovery.
- From the VH recovery
- Press [Vol Dwn] button once to highlight "apply sdcard:update.zip"
- Press the [Menu] button to run the ZVJ updater
- After around 75 seconds (based on class 6 sdcard) it will return to the recovery menu
- If you get a signature error, either you don’t have stock recovery or your ZVJ update.zip download is corrupted.
- At this point you need to press the [Menu] button to continue the rest of the install (write the radio, boot android, recreate dalvik-cache).
- This should take anywhere from 3-5 minutes. Your phone will reboot. When the update is done, you should be booted into Android. You are now running ZVJ with ZVJ Radio.
8. Perform factory reset
9. Then again make sure you are booted into ZVJ Android with USB debugging enabled and USB Storage Mode is disabled.
Download the ZVH root package [zvhroot.zip], Unzip to top-level of your C: drive. From PC command prompt, run "install" to install files to sdcard
- cd zvhroot
10. From PC command prompt, make sure there are no errors, then reboot into recovery. If you have trouble with this step (ie it says operation not permitted or reboots back to Android rather than recovery), please substitute with, unplug usb cable, power down, simultaneously press and hold [Power] [Vol Dwn] [Home] until Recovery shows up, release buttons, plug in usb cable
- adb reboot recovery
Once booted into recovery:
- Pres [Vol Dwn] button once to highlight "apply sdcard:update.zip"
- Press the [Menu] button to run the update.zip. You will see an expected error
From PC command prompt, start an adb shell session
- adb shell
Install persistent root (do not type the # symbols)
- # cd /sdcard/000root
- # /system/bin/sh install-root.sh
Assuming there there are no errors. You are done.
Make sure "reboot system now" is highlighted on your phone, press [Menu] to reboot into Android, and enjoy your rooted ZVJ!
LG Cell Phone â€“ Related Posts
- LG Optimus S ZVJ update.zip Download
- LG Optimus S ZVD / ZVH update.zip Download
- How to install Custom ROMs on LG Optimus S
- Sprint LG Optimus S Gingerbread LS670ZVJ update rolling out now
- LG Optimus S USB Drivers Download